Ok, so what the hell have I been up to during my two weeks away? Well, as I started this blog in order to chart my path through HE I'll try to remember:
1. The Guinea Pig is ok - thanks for asking. Sprained foot apparently. He is now not allowed out in the morning until he has done his warm-ups - you know the thing - lunges, grapevines etc
2. I have been one out of three people to turn up for a lecture.
3. Watched some great Harold Pinter (Celebration) and Alan Bennett (Chip in the Sugar and A Woman of Letters) plays.
4. I have been the only one to turn up for a lecture. As it was a student-lead presentation it started out as a little toe-curling. Still, how much would you usually pay for a three hour, one-to-one tutorial with an ex-advertising executive-turned-graphic designer whose photographs have been published and exhibited widely?
5. At the aforementioned student lead presentation I was told that what I thought were 'arty' photos of shoes looked like the aftermath of a crime scene. Good job I'm not a sensitive soul isn't it..
6. I have been reintroduced to Flash. I'd forgotten how much I hated and enjoyed it in almost equal parts.
7. I've had to choose my modules for next year. The last year. Dissertation year. Oh how my stomach turns as I write those words...
Labels: mature student